Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Still "Buried" In Boxes From Moving

But I have done some room make-overs, too. While this place came furnished, there are things I chose to change. 
Before and After
Too many artificial flowers in the dining room, in the first picture...
You can see the thrift shop gold finials I put in the windows along with some other knick knacks to replace all of that.
A fabric that I think will work nicely for pillows and other accents...
These drapes I have on order for the room...
And a before and after of the small but cozy guest bedroom. I knew when I bought the place the first thing I would want to do is remove that unsightly wallpaper border. A special solution and scraper from WalMart for under fifteen dollars took it off easily. Here's the "after" picture, although I don't think I'm going to go with the drapes I initially chose. We'll see... That's what I have for now! Still a lot of work to be done here before I can break out my pastels! Take care until next time!