Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Friday, May 24, 2013

Fifty Pounds In Two Months

Well, I'm back to do a little blogging. Fifty pounds lighter than I was two months ago, and feeling considerably better where the rheumatoid arthritis is concerned. A whole foods gluten free vegan diet has the weight just peeling off of me, and has kept the insidious rheumatoid arthritis from doing more damage. The aches and pains are dissipating and I am able to do more with each passing day. Considering that at the time of my diagnosis I couldn't even go to the grocery store for myself, I am amazed at how receptive the human body can be to healing with good nutrition. Also, I was using an inhaler for COPD, and have not needed it anymore. I have to wonder if the COPD was actually a food allergy in my case...if I was eating something that caused a reaction that made it difficult for me to breathe. Because my breathing improved in less than a week of starting this elimination diet. In any event, I thank God each and every day that He showed me another way to live. That I'm not still stuck in a chair unable to stand or walk without pain ensuing. That I still have the use of my hands and can draw! That I'm not having to take a medication that will cause me to be losing my hair and throwing up all the time, all the while possibly not even helping my arthritis. That I have a primary care physician who motivates me, and did not belittle me in my choice for treating my rheumatoid arthritis with good nutrition instead of drugs. And thankful to God for so much much more!

This is certainly not the last post I will do concerning nutrition, weight loss, rheumatoid arthritis, and the Grace of God! So stay tuned for that! I also have some ink sketches to share today (Faces #809-#815):






Well, that's all for now. But I will try to be back soon! Until next time, take care!