Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Faceless

Yes...I have no new faces and am coming here "faceless" as it were, for the time being. If you want to know what I've been up to, I have been playing with my food! I am still in the throes of happily discovering what I can and can't eat in regards to inflammation and rheumatoid arthritis. I have become really creative and found these wonderful rice wraps by a company called "Food For Life" that I fill with curried sweet potato, black beans and red onion. My only complaint is that I want more than one...could eat ten of them, they are so good!

On the artistic end, I wanted to show some "faceless" designs that I did quite a while back. These were faceless because I wanted other people who couldn't draw to be able to reproduce them in fabric, in quilts. They aren't simply traced from photographs of people, but rather drawn in Adobe Illustrator. A lot of work went into the production of the quilt patterns I designed. Sometimes auditioning many designs...


 And then there is a lot of planning not only in the written content and explanation of "how to", but the layout of the information, choice of fonts, and choices of how to display the information so it is visually appealing...
 Not to mention the work in making the actual fabric and quilt models...
 Here are a few more...You can see the model versions are visually appealing because the implied textures of the fabrics add so much and keep the imagery from looking to plastic-y or "flat".



So while I had no new faces to show at this time, I am glad I had these to show. Hopefully in the near future I will pick up a pastel again, and have some faces to show! Until next time, take care!