Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Famous Quilt

After two quilt shows, and also after gracing the walls of two quilt shops for the last few years, my much admired quilt that was the model for my pattern design/cover has come home. On this pattern cover, it shows the quilt before any quilting or bling was added!
 Here's a portion of the quilt which I photographed today (below), draped on a chair. I would have had to hang it up on the wall to get a pic of it in its entirety!
 Because it was entered into a show, even the back had some special details...such as the trapunto(stuffed) dolphin and a custom tag I made complete with beading! (no...that is no longer my current address on there!)
 Here's a version of the same design below, which my student made (but I did the face for her!) I've shown this one on my blog before.
 Anyway, I am glad my quilt has come home and I have a spot picked out to display it! There was much "oooohing" and "aaaahhhhhing" over the quilt. I had people tell me they remembered it from Jacksonville Quiltfest years after it had been there, and even found it pictured in an online article someone had written. I know my student who made one sure loves hers!

A couple more ink drawings I did over the week (faces#806-#808), below.
I am hoping I have some time in the near future here, to do more than sketches in ink. It's making me crazy to be so busy with other things!

Until next time, take care!