Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, April 1, 2013

Quick Draws

Over the holiday weekend I didn't get much work done, but nonetheless I did a few quick sketches...
I do enjoy the simple process of these kind of sketches. One artist I know says she likes her drawings because they aren't like her salable pieces, and she can just relax when doing them. I agree with her. The woman with the hat, drawn with a ballpoint pen on a piece of pink lined paper, was an extremely gratifying drawing experience. It may or may not lead me to do a painting of such, but even if it doesn't, I loved gliding the pen across the page producing such an image. Or the man's face done in tinted pastel...I laughed while rendering his toothy grin. A large portion of this blog has been in drawing these quicker pieces, these side adventures where I was more immersed in the journey than in the destination. I really feel that many times a person is much more engaged when they are focused on what they are doing, rather than where it is leading, or what comes next. Just slowing down to appreciate life!

"Take time to smell the flowers along the way!" Until next time, take care!