Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Honest Ink; Faces #799-#803

 Working with ink sometimes exposes the genuine efforts and skills of an artist because erasures and adjustments can not be made. That being said, I really just felt like drawing with a ballpoint pen because it was handy. I was even displeased with my bulky oversized sketchpad (not handy or convenient enough); hence, the two drawings split on one page. The one drawing done on lined paper also has a note scrawled on there (about the 5,000 lightning strikes over Central Florida this past weekend). I bought two of the oversized sketchpads, and have already given one away finding it impractical for those times where I just feel like drawing without "a big song and dance" ensuing. After 800 faces, I many times still prefer the simplicity and convenience of working this way on a less grander scale. My next art supply investment will definitely be some smaller sketchpads!


I will try to squeeze in another post hopefully by Saturday at the latest. Until next time, take care!