Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Faces In Charcoal, #817-#820

These last four faces I've rendered were done so in charcoal on cheap drawing paper while I was "watching" television one night. Sometimes I listen more than watch the tv when there's nothing on but repeats of shows, as was the case here. I did a pastel painting one afternoon, too, (not shown here), but I tossed it. I don't know what bothered me more: the painting, itself; or the amount of dust this one particular brand of pastel was producing. In any event, sometimes that's the way the pastel crumbles. I am going to try to sneak in some painting again before Monday. But my brother who I have not seen since Christmas is going to be in town. Then there's all the other usual stuff in life that needs attending to (groan). I think there's a painting in there somewhere, though!



I had a pie shipped to my Dad for Father's Day from this pie shop in California. He loves apple pie. In years past I had deliveries to him from Edible Arrangements, but I thought I'd try something different this year. To all the fathers out there, I hope you enjoy your weekend!

Until next time, take care!