Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Face #511, A Doodle-scape, And A Finish

Well, you heard it here first! A "doodle-scape". That's what I am calling the piece below. It's not exactly all doodling, and it is not a landscape, either. This is what happened when I didn't feel like drawing a face, and I just felt like playing with my pastels in a more unstructured fashion. I like it, but can't say I care much for my camera bleaching out parts of it with the flash in this picture. This is only half the sheet of Canson. I can't decide if I will just crop it, or if I will do something I had in mind with the other portion of the page.And this one below, I've added a face. But then, I am not sure how and if I will proceed.  Lastly for today, I think this one below is finished. While I am tempted to add some pattern to parts of it, like her blouse, I like the directness of this just as it is. So, we'll see. As with the doodle-scape, this one was also hard to photograph. A lot of the subtle nuances are lost because of the flash on my camera. That's it for today, and I will try to get in another post by weeks end. Until next time, take care!