Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Friday, January 27, 2012

The Under Painting Of Orbs, and "Epiphany"

I wanted to add textured orbs to finish this painting, but it took me a little time to decide on what colors to use. This first image below shows my photo brought into Corel Painter, auditioning color ideas. I liked this color scheme, but it brought up memories of another painting I did where I felt the palette would have been better if more limited.And below, is a photo of the under painting of the orbs I added to the painting. It was difficult to look at the painting with the orbs like this...I kept telling myself it wasn't finished and to be patient. They were so severe. And the finished painting, I am calling "Epiphany", 19" by 25", pastel. I wish the wispy bits of cloud in the background showed up better in the picture. But my camera flash has the annoying tendency to either bleach everything out, or to accentuate lights beyond their actual appearance. A new camera is on the horizon! 
Thanks for visiting, and until next time, take care!