Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, September 17, 2012

Mixed Bag

Faces#691-#699 are a mixed bag of pastel pencil, ink, and just regular no. 2 pencil all on large drawing paper or in the sketchbook. I liked the way the pastel pencil worked out on the drawing paper...much better than I would have thought it would. Also, after numerous sketches, I think the mermaid in the navy ink is almost the final version of the boat decal I was requested to design. I may make copies of this version, and just tweak the hair, face, and the end of her tail a bit.









In spite of the fact that I have been busier than I want to be, with just one more face, I will make a short term goal I made of 700 faces by the end of this month. Although I am disappointed that my two year blog anniversary is the end of next month and I had hoped to be up to a thousand faces by then, I am pleased to have made it this far and pleased that my efforts have brought improvement to my work and brought me pleasure along the rocky way. There's a tremendous satisfaction in the getting closer to reaching a long term goal.

Until next time, take care!