Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Opportunities, Studies, Faces #681-688

When is a "study" a "study", and not just a sketch? I think sketching with a purpose and setting aside a specific area of which one wants to focus, makes the sketch a "study". To that end, all these below are studies with a particular area on which I concentrated.









Not too long ago I had wanted to enter a pastel competition, but thought I missed the deadline. For some reason the deadline was listed as one date in a magazine and e-mail, but then I also received another e-mail saying it was another date. Fortunately, I had time to enter and the earlier of the dates was incorrect. I entered four different pieces. It seems to be a time of opportunities for me with shows and contests and other ways to be showing my art. I am not sure I will get to all of them, but will certainly be exploring some. But it means I may be busier than usual, and not get to do as much blogging as I have been. There may be some upcoming months that are lighter in the amount of posts. But I'll always be back!

Until next time, take care!