Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fun Faces, Faces #670-#680

With all the back to school sales going on, the other day I grabbed up a sketch book to fill up fast with faces. The quality of the paper isn't great, and I intend to just work mostly with number 2 pencil in the book. These below, while "studies" in some sense, are mostly just for fun. The first one is ink and colored pencil, the rest just pencil. The two different sketches with the mermaids swinging on a fishing hook are rough drafts for the boat decal I was commissioned to design. My favorite of this whole batch is the last one shown below. I'd like to do a larger piece in color with a group of people laughing such as this man in the last sketch. 











Enjoy your day! Take care, until next time!