Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gone To The Dogs

If you are wondering where I've been, I have literally gone to the dogs. My Mother recently moved, and I have helped out in various ways. Because her two dogs are still feeling unsettled in the new place, I was asked on their first day to dog sit when she went out to do some errands. This was not a chore for me since I completely adore them. Rocky spent most of the time I was there exploring, then retreated off to my mother's bed...so I didn't get a picture of him. But Rooster, above, was very clingy. At last he went up on a sheet covered couch, but he didn't really settle in until I sat down next to him. He almost looked like he was smiling to have me there, so I couldn't resist and took a picture of him sleeping blissfully.

Outside of helping my Mom out, I have also had a lot of other things going on, so I haven't done any painting. I did do some sketches, but will post them next time. I also played around with updating and arranging my collections. I think the one directly below will be for one venue where I just have to submit the images, never the artwork itself. I just need one more piece to complete it for the five they require.
 Alternatively, it may be these with one more added...
 Here's all the pieces together, which I may add to and submit for a collection for a gallery.

I'm sure these things will be able to get more attention after the New Year. Christmas is sneaking up quickly! 

Until next time, take care!