Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Collage And Montages

 I think I am finally finished with this montage, below. I had it in my mind that the shape in the lower right hand corner was more conducive to a sail boat, then went ahead and put in the motor boat (which now I've changed). I finally like this piece, and can sleep at night again.
 I did a lot of digital montages since the digital imaging class I took in school for graphic design. One of the things you learn in any Photoshop class are about transparency levels and blending modes on your layers. It's a lot of fun playing with these, as I did in the imagery below. The first montage below has a digital time stamp of 2005...quite some time ago. The other two below it are a little more recent and were done for fabric panels in the end of 2009.


Although I like my digital work and experience, I'm just as happy with any traditional implements even as simple as a pencil.

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Until next time, take care!