Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Shizen-Shazam

I would like to have been able to say that I got as much done in the last few days as I had over the past weekend, but that just wasn't the case. I've been jammed up with errands and chores (groaning). I did, however, squeeze in this piece on Shizen paper as well as a five minute sketch in ball-point pen. For the Shizen piece, I wanted a strong emphasis on the tree as well as some deeper color in the overall composition. It was a gray day here yesterday, and this was color therapy!

I just grabbed what was lying around on the coffee table to do the sketch...the result; a gratifying five minute doodle.
I expect that I will be able to get a lot done in the next few days after having taken care of all those errands. that's the plan, anyway! Until next time, take care!