Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, February 18, 2013

The Shell Seekers

I wanted to show this cropped close up of a painting I worked on part of yesterday and today. Since the piece is about 23" by 19", the close up is a more accurate portrayal here of the actual scale and work. There are things you otherwise miss when looking at the smaller overall image on screen. In any event, I like this section of the piece all by itself. Perhaps I will do more pieces with the shells by themselves. Maybe on the Shizen paper?
 I don't know if these two pieces below, are the beginning of a collection, or not.  I like the idea of shell seekers, and these two pieces are both a nice size. The first is about 23" by 19", and the second which I went back and finished is 20" by 17.5" or thereabouts.

These two pieces are not worked on the same surface. One is the smoother side of a Canson sheet, the other a toothier Fabriano Tizano sheet. While on the same theme, I don't feel the mood is the same in the two pieces.

I had a guest over my weekend, so didn't get in much work. Hopefully I will make up for it over the week. This should be a quieter one. I hope. And warmer, too!


Until next time, take care!