Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Directions

Here is where I am at with this piece from last post...
I have tinkered with several ideas in Corel Painter (below) to try to get a better idea where I'm going. (It's not like I can stop and ask for directions!)
 If I don't figure it out, the piece will end up set aside for a while. Because I'm not working from a photo or a subject right before my eyes, the composition starts completely from "scratch" as opposed to improvising on features of something pre-existing. It can take a little longer to navigate through the terrain if it is unchartered territory. I'm glad I waited a few hours with this piece before plundering ahead with my first idea. Because I liked this second direction better! (Excuse the sloppy execution of those coffee cups, tinkered with quickly in Corel Painter!)
We'll see what happens. I have several pieces I am wanting to wrap up before possibly starting something new. Possibly. I don't want to get too far behind in my face count, either.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Until next time, take care!