Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Literally, A Couple More

 It's easy to think about all the faces I have left until I make my goal, to be impatient and just plunder ahead. However, I do still care very much about quality and have been making more of an effort to work to my potential even if I have to slow down a bit on the face count. This 18" by 24" pastel painting above is still in progress. This is just the foundation I spent parts of my day working on today. Although I even like it just as it is, I will add some very subdued color in areas. It could very well fit in as art work in the graphic novel I am writing. But I also like it just for hanging on the wall! It has also given me the idea of how to proceed with the piece below, which I have been stalled on. It is shown cropped, and there is actually a lot of space to work with for a background. I will treat it, as I have with the piece above.
I have an enormous amount of errands that seem to have been suddenly dumped in my lap, but am hoping to peel through them quickly so I can get back to my faces! Hopefully I will have some work to post over the weekend. Until next time, take care!