Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Blue Moon, Face #584 And #585

While I was waiting for the show "Chopped" to air on Food Network the other night, I decided to give myself only 30 minutes to complete a painting, just for fun. For those unfamiliar with the show "Chopped", it's a cooking competition that starts with four chefs. There are three rounds, and one chef is eliminated (or chopped) every round and the objective is to be the only one left. Anyway, these rounds are timed. For the entree round, there is thirty minutes. So I had half an hour before the show aired, and the following painting was done within that time. Not my best work, but fun...
The next day, I decided to give myself thirty minute increments to complete a painting. It started with constructing a general layout, and bare bones drawing.
 Then, about another half hour for adding the skin tones...
 Only ten minutes or so to add the moon. But then after, it was a good stopping point to adjust the design a bit.
 Probably closer to sixty minutes to finish (below) when you add in time for refining.
Faces # 584 and #585, " Blue Moon" 12.5" by 19", pastels on Canson
One final thing before I go... My blogger friend, Libby, is having a giveaway on her blog, so be sure to visit her at :
http://quiltedcraftsman.blogspot.com/


Until next time, take care!