Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Faces #586-#587

This current painting was a study of shapes, color, and texture more than anything else. I may do some more paintings exploring this type of style where some areas are deliberately left partially undefined . I was reading an article about how much the brain compensates for what is unseen, as it pertains to art. This is not a new concept, nor is it exactly new to me. I think this style appeals greatly to people who want to leave something to the imagination. But if an artist such as myself is working from imagination to begin with and not basing their work on actual people, places, or things; there is already a ton of novelty present. It's always a brand new scenario built and designed from the foundation on up. A lot of fun. I can't say I would trade working this way for a more photographic realistic approach. It just wouldn't be for me...

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!