Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Exploring Design, Faces #577, #578, And #579

Although I am pretty sure I have selected a piece I want to enter in a competition, I have been doing some other drawings bearing in mind the possibility of entering something else as well. The competition is strictly geared for drawing, so no full color paintings. So far, I am probably going to stay with my original choice. But these other drawings can be added to my face count here, anyway. They are all done without any real planning, because they are or could be the pre-planned studies for larger full color pieces. Some studies I've done such as the one in my last post, can stand alone: I would sell or keep, frame and hang as they are. With each study, I develop ideas for things such as form, placement, scale, balance, value, and color considerations as well as for the overall flow of a composition. A study, to me, is an exploration of design concepts and ideas. But I openly contend that all my pieces are studies, as they are all creative explorations in some way. No promises, but I will try to sneak in another post by the weekend! Until next time, take care!