Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Faces #602-#608, And Dining Room Re-Do

I'm finally able to get back here to post after being busier than I have wanted to be!

One of the fun things I've been slowly picking at, is a minor dining room re-do. I didn't like the lattice wallpaper border the previous occupants had selected, so off the wall it went. And the dining room chairs that came with the place were not chairs I would have selected myself, nor were they in great condition. I also like the idea of "lightening up" the room for summer. I found four great chairs on craigslist for 15 dollars each, bought a white lace tablecloth for under twenty bucks, and bought a must-have cake pedestal that while not in use I can put candles or shells on top of it. I also bought some vinyl to re-do the seat covers on the chairs, but am not so sure I will use it, now.

Before...

After



I have also been getting in a sketch here and there. Nothing I consider too extraordinary, but at least it's a few more faces...




 Well, that's what I have for now. I hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend!