Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Toned And Tan, Faces #829-#831

The "toned and tanned" in the title of this post is actually referring to paper, and not a person. Specifically, a pad of Strathmore Toned Tan papers suitable for both light and dark media which I purchased earlier in the week. Although I still have some other sketches of faces I have not shown yet, since I was "test riding" this new paper I decided to show these drawings(below). I probably like the second drawing the best out of this bunch.


While I was buying the Strathmore pad, I also bought two large pieces of mat board which I had quartered. I am anxious to use those and will do a few pieces on those soon. But maybe not all faces...I have been wanting to do some abstract mixed media pieces as well.

I find myself hooked on two newer tv shows. On Sunday nights when I'm usually too tired to paint or draw, I settle in for Showtime's new show Ray Donovon (excellent). The other show is not as new and I'm catching up on its first season of already aired episodes; is NBC's Chicago Fire. Both these shows are worth checking out if you don't already watch them!

Until next time, take care. And thanks for visiting!