Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, July 1, 2013

Goodbye June, Hello July


While June wasn't tremendously awful, it sure could have been better for me. I spent all of it having weird side effects from two different blood pressure medications, and a supplement as well. I seem to be in the low percentage of people who while not all out allergic to medications, are very sensitive toward them. Anyway, the thing I'm supposed to take to make me better makes me feel miserable and gets worse the longer I take it. So goodbye, June....hello, July. I'm hoping for better.

Evidently, I haven't forgotten how to paint! When I make time for it, I can actually get the job done right. Below is another face, as well as a painting I started (in progress).

 Also, I wanted to share some "add in"ideas for a summer salad...

This salad has a spring mix of greens for its base. Then; it's loaded up with match stick carrots, cucumbers, red onion, green olives, celery, cannelini beans, pumpkin seeds, and honey mango. Dressed lightly with a balsamic vinegar with rosemary, and dijon mustard, and extra virgin olive oil. The honey mango is a nice contrast to the briny olives and dijon mustard, while the match stick carrots, celery, and pumpkin seeds give this salad a lot of texture and crunch!

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Fourth Of July this week!