Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Face #281, Jodie Foster

Face #281, Jodie Foster
I would have to say that Jodie Foster is my favorite actress. I think she is luminous, sophisticated, and any movie she is in becomes better for even her mere presence there. The woman can act. And direct, too! 
Because the lighting in the photo I worked from was so "high key", it was difficult to find all the subtle value nuances in order to create the dimensionality of her face in this pastel painting. It was a fun project to dabble with, on and off on an otherwise lazy Sunday.
Not too sure how much I will get done this week, there's a lot going on. But I know at the very least I should be able to get another post in by Thursday. Until then, take care!