Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Face #288, James Franco

Face #288,  James Franco
This painting was an absolute pleasure. Look at that smile! The first time I ever saw James Franco in anything, was the movie "Tristan and Isolde". It's not normally the genre of movie I set out to see. But nonetheless, I will see any movie with acting powerhouse Rufus Sewell in it. I really got immersed in the film's story, but at some point my mind wandered as I stared at James Franco. I thought to myself, "My God, this guy is really beautiful...look at those soulful eyes...the wild hair...the fullness of his bottom lip...the coloring of his skin. Absolutely beautiful!" Since then, he has turned up all over the place. My personal favorite movie with him in it, was "City By The Sea". If you haven't seen it, it is worth watching. He stars in it along side another acting powerhouse, Robert DeNiro. Mr. Franco has quite an acting range. He can be witty, but can also be very serious and seems to be able to do either kind of role with a very convincing ease. I think it is precisely that ease that translates well for anyone watching him, gripped into wanting to see what comes next! I think, "Lucky me, that I got to draw him!"
I'm heading out for the weekend, but will post again soon. Until then, take care!