Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Face #302

This face, #302, is one of a fictional nature, not meant to bear a likeness of any one in particular. I picked away at this 18" by 24" pastel painting over the week; half an hour here, half an hour there. I wanted the painting to have a visual tension, but not so much tension as to cause uneasiness to a viewer. I wanted the woman to be very provocative, yet without being too revealing or perceived as distasteful. I wanted her to be realistic, yet other-worldly. I wanted curvilinear lines, yet wanted to retain a crispness in form as well. Did I succeed? You can decide. After all, I have about seven hundred other faces to render before I reach my goal (laughing). 
I have had some sketches I will post later in the week. Until next time, take care!