Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Friday, June 22, 2012

Scapes And Scraps

I meant to post earlier in the week, but didn't have very much to share at that point. I wish I could tell you it was because I was busy covering those chairs with my custom fabric (laughing). I managed to cut the fabric, but that's about it. I did get a little work done this week, anyway.


I want to continue with making some pieces for my "Notes From The Shore" notecard collection. I know all the pieces I do/have done to that end so far won't be used, so I have to do a bit extra to get at the right amount. These two seascape pieces below I did over this week. The first one will be added to the collection. 

This second more abstract one, I find I like better upside down as shown. Even though I don't want to add the second one to the collection, I like it enough to hang on the wall here. And I may also get it printed on fabric for placemats or pillows.

I also drew some faces (Faces#616-#619) on some receipts and scrap paper. I'm amused that the two lowliest and smallest of the scraps were the ones I ended up liking the most. Although the scraps were arranged a certain way to be photographed, I played with other arrangements that made me think I will do a more refined collage type compilation with some faces in the near future. In color.

That's a lot of chatter for me, so I will close for now. Until next time, take care!