Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, October 8, 2012

200th Post

Here it is a few weeks before my second year of this blog, and it's my 200th blog post. What I frequently wonder is whether or not I will continue to blog after I hit my goal of a thousand faces. I think, probably... but I would most likely expand my repertoire. Today I have included a couple of seascape studies along with faces #711-#713 (below). 



Although I like them as they are, these two seascapes below are actually preliminary studies for a larger piece I hope to do. The piece with the lighthouse is about 11" by 14", and was done first. The second one is about 7" by 11", and was done to get a better idea of an outcome of using a slightly more expanded palette.


The weather here has been so beautiful as of late. Still warm, but the blistering heat of summer has passed. Hope it's nice wherever you are! Until next time, take care!