Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Something Old, And Something Blue

Tropical Storm Sandy has me preoccupied with errands. We are already seeing some rain and wind from this system that isn't expected to leave here until Saturday, so I'm wanting to stock pile on anything I might need. But I did want to sneak in a small post. The first item below is the ink drawing from my last post which I brought through Photoshop, and "aged" it. Then, an ink figure study follows that I also subsequently brought into Photoshop hoping to salvage. Although the initial study flopped as far as becoming a finished piece is concerned, I did get to see some mistakes I won't make next time from having worked the piece...which is sort of the point for having done the study! This has been a week of learning for me; from many figure studies, from lots of reading on anatomy, and from reading on the work habits and preparatory studies of several other artists. I may write more about it next post, though.




Until next time, take care!