I have been recovering from a bout of pneumonia, and I am still on the mend, but managed to get a little work done. This first painting below isn't so much an odd painting as it is a test run on a new surface. I bought some new papers and boards to sample before I make a larger purchase. I tested this particular paper for how well it holds up to erasures, how it takes a light wash, how many layers of pastel it can hold (tooth), how it handles various brands of pastel and pencil, and more. While I still like the smoother more buttery feel while laying down pastel on my Canson paper, this new surface I tried is good for those occasions when I want a heavier paper that can take a wash and hold more layers of pastel. Other than that, it's about the same price and size as the Canson. I also bought some really gigantic paper and board for larger pieces I hope to do.
On another piece of the same paper as above, I started this fish below. I hope to finish it soon.
I actually had some sketches done, too, but will save them for my next post. Until next time, take care!