Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A New Pastel Study, Face #733

Finally I was able to sit down, tinkering away blissfully and creatively last night with my pastels. Finally after two months of hanging onto a Dick Blick gift certificate for art supplies, I cashed it in today. Perhaps there is some hope for art in my future, after all. I have just been so inundated with paperwork these days, and other things. It's enough to make a person crazy. Does my pastel study below reflect the madness? Probably not. I like the mellowness of the background, though I may tweak the face a bit. I wanted a somewhat non-descript face in this piece, but think I may have to tighten up the detail just a shade more around the eye. Maybe. If I update the piece, I will be sure to post.



(UPDATED, below)

Since I probably won't post again until Friday, I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!