Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Lighthouse Study, And An Update

I worked on this lighthouse study, 13.5" by 19.5" pastel, yesterday. I think the flash from my camera has the violet looking a bit exaggerated. It's a little more subdued looking in person. But I actually like how it "popped" even more in the photo. The piece is meant to be a companion to the "Florida" poster from last post. 

I also went back and updated Face #733 (below), which I felt needed some work. I actually gave it more attention than I was planning to, and he's a whole new man! (chuckle) I think the piece benefitted from sitting for a few days before going back to it. I'm finished with the face, but may or may not do more with the piece. I may add a compass in the image, and try to connect it with the lighthouse and Florida poster I've done. Not sure.


Hope everyone had a good weekend! Until next time, take care!