Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Charcoal And Tinted Charcoal, Faces #781-#786

I had this big post prepared, where I wrote about everything from the ancient stone carvings at Gobekli Tepe, to the blessings of parenthood. But as so often happens, by the time I sit down to write, I am sometimes too just tired...errrr...just too tired. The below are all rendered in charcoal or tinted charcoal. I have found that the tinted charcoal works out better on this particular sketch pad paper, whereas the charcoal needs a surface more comparative to what you'd want for pastels. Surface matters. 



I really enjoyed this last batch of faces that in spite of the time needed for completing them seemed to get impossibly squeezed into a weekend of other activities.

I have a busy week ahead, but will try to squeeze in a few more faces before it's all said and done. Until next time, take care!