Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, March 25, 2013

Redemptive Qualities

I worked on "Part Two" of this piece over the weekend, which I call "Walking through fire (and not getting burned). I know that I could do a little more with it, and perhaps I'd like it more, but have decided to leave it. Maybe. Sometimes it isn't a matter of entirely liking or disliking a piece. It's more of a case of liking and disliking certain things. I like my execution of the piece, but feel it is a little too wild for my taste. Lava lamps, LSD, and the early seventies come to mind (laughing). We'll see...there may end up being a part three to the piece that calms things down a bit. I haven't completely decided.

I'm hoping to get some sketching and painting done over the week to up the face count! Until next time, take care!