Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, August 12, 2013

A Day At The Beach

While some family members and friends of mine were at the beach this weekend, I was painting one! I had posted on Facebook the now framed and titled painting below, and my childhood best friend saw it and made inquiries about buying it. I told her "no", because it was a gift...but promised to make her a painting with a beach theme of her very own.
"Once Upon A Daybreak", 20" by 32", pastel and mixed media

Here it is before adding any of the mixed media elements...just a virgin stretch of beach.
Here it is finished. It truly does remind me of the shores of Cape Cod where we spent our summers as kids! She loves it and can't wait for it to arrive in her mail box.
Last night I added another face to my count, bringing me to 846!
And below, in what may be its finished state...
I wish everyone a good Monday! Until next time, take care!