Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, November 15, 2010

Character-Driven

This first face, face #48, is actually shown cropped here and is part of a larger piece I just started. It is done in pastel on toned pastel paper, although from the picture you can't see the subtle coloring of the paper itself.
These next two pastel faces were kind of done in a hurry...
Face #49
And a bunch of pencil sketches follow. I photographed these instead of scanning them, which I sometimes do. The program for my scanner takes a long time to load, as the scanning itself does sometimes. So it is just easier to whip out a camera, point, shoot, then crop the image accordingly.
Face#51
Face #52
Face #53
Face #54
Face #55
Face #56, and Face #57
I'm up to fifty seven faces! At fifty, I was one twentieth of the way to reaching my goal! Thanks for sticking around.