Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy February

Face #178 is done in soft pastel on 18" by 24".
This face is at a scale larger than life size.
Faces 179-181 are done in colored pencil on 18" by 24" drawing paper. I enjoyed using a drawing paper for my colored pencil faces, instead of the sketch book paper I had been using. The colored pencils were delightfully buttery against this larger paper, which also let me work at a larger scale.
Face #180
Face # 181, (still in progress)
Then, faces 182-185 are pencil...
Face #182
Face #183
Face #184
Face #185
For those out there who would think my now up to 185 faces as of this post still a humble number, consider this: I had already drawn well over a thousand faces before ever starting this blog. But to do it (again), and make a documented record of it this time, was a primary reason I started this blog.
There are people who didn't regard recent digital work I had done as having any merit in the drawing department, although my digital efforts largely involved drawing with a mouse which is yet more difficult then what I do here. Nevertheless, it was another reason for this blog which consists of only non-digital work.
Finally, although there are a lot of nay-sayers in the world, that wasn't the reason my comments have been turned "off ". I began this blog with a clear cut objective and goal in mind. Not unlike a mountain climber, I didn't feel that I needed comments (good or bad) every few steps I made on the way upward toward my objective! This is, after all, a personal goal to draw a thousand faces. But I am still grateful for anyone out there who is silently following along!
Have a great day!