Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

I wasn't going to do a post on just one face, but the time has really been getting away from me and I have been extremely preoccupied. In between the madness which is my life these days, I have picked away at a whimsical collage.
The focal point of the collage is an 18" by 18" pastel painting.
All the elements are pasted to a 24" by 36" piece of matt board. I had a lot of problems photographing the finished piece so that the light was consistent, and there wasn't a glare off some of the shinier components. But the above is a good general idea of the finished piece, anyway. I see more collages in my future and had fun with this one. 
Hope all have a great Valentines Day!