Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Presidents Day

I remember people telling me before my son was born, that my life as I knew it would be over forever once he got here. Kids have a way of changing everything. And for the better. Where I was once self absorbed, you could say I became child-oriented, and that shallow part of me went away once I had my son. As a parent, you tend to always be thinking of someone else's interests, most frequently ahead of your own. It doesn't change even when they get older. I have spent a lot of time reflecting on my son recently, and was going through his baby pictures the other day. I decided I wanted to draw him from one of the many pictures. The result is above. As I have said before, I generally do not work from photos or use models (but I can). This is only the second time doing so on this blog. This is a very good likeness of my son at about 6 months. I will be getting this piece framed.
I also have a piece done in pastel, and another done in colored pencil for today's post.
Face #192, 18" by 18" soft pastel
Face #193, 18" by 24", colored pencil
I had a lot of other faces in pencil I also got done since my last post, but I will be posting them next time. Until then, take care!