Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Girls, Curls, And Acrylic Revisited

Up to this point I hadn't done any faces in acrylic for this blog. I had a ten year run working with acrylics, but when I found soft pastels some years back, I fell in love and the acrylics just gradually disappeared. Nevertheless, I have had a couple of blank canvases hanging around and last night I propped one up on the easel. This face is painted only using four tubes of acrylic; a black, a white, a primary red, and a primary yellow. I mix as I go and don't use any color or value charts, just winging it as I go...
Face #186, acrylic
Next up, are two faces done in soft pastel...
Face #187
Face #188
Finally, here is a face done in charcoal...
Face #189
Although I haven't gotten an extraordinary amount of faces done for this post, I have enjoyed working on these. 
Have a great day, and thanks for visiting!