Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Face #241....... "You Talkin' To Me?"

"You talkin' to me?"is one of the most famous movie lines of all time, from Robert DeNiro as "Travis" in the movie "Taxi Driver". I had a lot of faces done to show, but decided this one of Robert DeNiro deserved its own separate post. While I drew this one from a photo, I know it isn't from that particular movie. Yet, the whole time I worked on it, I could just keep hearing him saying that (in my head)! This was a particularly challenging piece because there is a lot of delineation in the photo between his hair and the background, and even part of his face on the left. I had to layer the pastel carefully there, so as not to go too dark in one step. I decided to go black and white right from the start since the color in the photo wasn't great to begin with, and this was much more dramatic. For better or worse, this is face #241, Robert De Niro.