Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Life Or Something Like It

While I still plan to do plenty of drawings without the use of photos and models as is customarily my process, I thought I would also add more "life-drawing" to the mix and increase the portraiture, too. I have printed up a bunch of pics of famous people I wanted to draw, and they will appear here along with any other faces I draw in the future.
That said, Face #236 (below) is worked from a photo of Hillary Clinton. But don't imagine it is because of any political bias or affiliation...I just like her face! She has some very striking features.
The rest of the faces, #237-#240 (below), are from my usual illustrative process without any intentional effort for them to resemble anyone in particular.
I had hoped to have a few more than just these today, but hey...I've got a life, too. Next time I'll try to have more. Until then, take care.