Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Face #253, "Sarita"

This is the finished portrait I have been working on from a picture of my sister Sarita on her fairly recent wedding day. I also decided to take some pictures of it as I was working on it, to post here. I think it's funny how severely the camera flash bleaches out the first pictures below, to the point you can't even tell the paper is toned. I took those pics at close range because I shot them rapidly while I was working and still had pastel all over my hands. This portrait finished off at about 16" by 22". I haven't decided on my next "real life" project as yet. I think it will be from another celebrity photo, though. And I have already started on some other of sketches to show for next time. Until then, take care!