Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Preliminary Sketch

I haven't had a whole lot of time since my last post to get in much drawing. I spent all day Sunday traveling, and traveling tends to deplete my energy a bit. But it was a beautiful day. I was in awe of all the budding trees with their explosive color, and the sailboat peppered waterways we passed while driving. Florida really is breathtaking, and with spring upon us it is particularly striking. Even for a person who doesn't draw "plein air", it is still real life from which I get my inspiration, so all that scenic eye candy along the trip is sure to come back to me creatively.
Before my travels, I had an unscheduled impulsive drawing session in which I sketched this below, sketched face # 234. I am thinking of expanding upon the sketch for a more elaborate piece. I really enjoyed working on this one, so if even a more elaborate work doesn't come from it, I am still happy with it as it is. It is the tangible expression I created of how blissful I felt in a moment, that "lighter than air" quality a person sometimes experiences.
Face #234
 That's all I have for now. I hope to have more to post later in the week, or early weekend. Take care until then!