Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Day Dreaming The Hours Away

I have been trying to figure out why I can't seem to get anything done lately. My conclusion as of today, is that because summer has already arrived here in Florida, I can't concentrate. My mind just drifts off to a beach where I spent a good portion of my childhood...a place forever idealized because of happy memories of bright kites, warm sand, comic books, and songs of that time. Then, my mind just drifts off to still another beach of my adolescence where I enjoyed my first kiss, seemingly endless days and nights laughing with friends, and completely oblivious to any kind of worry or care in the world. And just when my mind seems completely spent from all that remembering, the day dreaming sets in. Hours pass. And I still haven't picked up a pencil, a pastel, or even the remote for the tv to change the channel. Of course I'm still here, but I'm gone. Gone to some beach, to some other time, with some other people. Gone. Blissfully elsewhere.
So I hope you'll bear with me for at least a little while if the posting here seems pretty slim! There will be one actual post this week filled with work, and not just the nostalgic ramblings of this daydreamer! 
Until next time, take care!