Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Face #325, From Sketch To Collage Element

I sketched this out in pencil, taking my time and really enjoying myself with it. All the while, I kept thinking of it in a purposeful way, in terms of a finished piece and not just the sketch.Because I have been entertaining the idea of a collage containing a more graphically rendered mermaid as part of it, I reflected on how I could use this mermaid in such a way. Initially, I thought I'd go over the pencil with ink, and then manually "age" and distress the paper. But as I contemplated what course of action to take, I finally decided to bring the image into Photoshop and Corel Painter and do some digital work. The finished image appears below after many digital adjustments. I wanted it to look like a page from an old novel.  Now I can print it up to use as a collage element!
More faces to come soon, I promise. Until next time, take care!