Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rufus Sewell, Revisited

I am still trying to decide if this painting is finished, and if I need to try to get a better photograph for a more accurate representation of color. But for the time being, I am posting it. 
Update: The revised, and finished painting appears below.)
What I mentioned before in previous posts regarding Mr. Sewell, is that he is an acting powerhouse (among all other great things I have said about him). Even if he wasn't famous, and I just happened to spot him walking down the street, I know I would want to paint his portrait. His face is an artist's dream. I love its intricacies. The temptation to draw his hair the way it was when he was younger...those longer wild locks...was ever present as I worked on this. But he's beautiful any way he wears his hair! Just magnificent!
Until next time, take care!