Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Creative Control

      A blogger friend who couldn't leave a comment here recently contacted me by e-mail to comment on my work. And yes, a visitor may certainly feel free to e-mail me comments if they wish. But just to reiterate something I stated back in February, 
    "I began this blog with a clear cut objective and goal in mind. Not unlike a mountain climber, I didn't feel that I needed comments (good or bad) every few steps I made on the way upward toward my objective! This is, after all, a personal goal to draw a thousand faces. But I am still grateful for anyone out there who is silently following along! "
     That's been my policy since I started this blog, and it hasn't changed. I do review my stats periodically to see if anyone is out there, to see what posts get the most hits, to see if anyone has linked to my blog. That in itself is an eye opener at times. Evidently, the most popular posts have been the celebrity portraits. Although I enjoyed doing them immensely, I am not going to shift my focus to doing them exclusively just because they are so very well received. (Nor am I likely to change something just because it is not well received by someone.) That is what they call creative control, my friends (wink and a smile)! It's the right to paint a bunch of heads inside a giant blue head if one is so inclined!!!!
     On that note, I actually was inclined to do some work today. Here is face #409, below.
Thanks as always for the visit, take care until next time!