Mission Statement

This is a blog in which I intend to reach my goal to draw/paint a thousand faces! Welcome, and come along for the journey!

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Face #408

Well here's another thirty minutes of my life I won't get back (self-deprecating chuckle). This face, as well as the one in my last post, were rendered in a way I don't normally work. One from a photo, one from imagination, but both varying from my usual line drawing at the beginning of the process. I just started to throw down large areas of color here, and then tightened it all up through until the end. I don't think it's for me, but was glad to try a different approach. I can see why some artists like to work this way, but where I am a die-hard fan of line it seems to be the better route for me to start with a line (and not a glob)! It's another face closer to my goal, though!
Until next time, take care!